(That’s frequently arf’d questions to humans)
Is carob safe for dogs?
It sure is! Carob is made from the powder that comes from the seed pods of the carob tree; even though it looks, tastes, and smells like chocolate (which is highly dangerous and even deadly for dogs) it will not induce a negative reaction in dogs.
What are the benefits of carob?
In addition to being a safe chocolate substitute in dog goodies, carob:
- Is a good source of potassium
- Is low-fat, low-sodium, high-fiber and calcium-rich
- Improves digestion
- Lowers cholesterol level in the blood. Carob seeds don’t have a cholesterol agent.
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Carob tannins have Gallic acid. Gallic acid is analgesic, anti-allergic and antibacterial. It is also antioxidant, antiviral and antiseptic.
- Is rich in phosphorus and calcium; for this reason, it is used in the fight against osteoporosis
- Carob powder is lower in fat than cocoa powder and has no caffeine. It also boasts vitamins B1, A, iron and other minerals
What are the benefits of chamomile?
Do you have an anxious, nervous dog? Take a look at our chamomile treats, because chamomile:
- Improves digestion
- Helps your dog sleep better and helps with restlessness
- As a tea, to wash and clean cuts or sores
- If your dog has runny eyes it can be used as an eye wash to wash the bacteria away while it also soothes their eyes from irritants such as indoor heating and air conditioning
- Is an anti-inflammatory for afflictions of the skin
- Is an exceptionally safe herb for dogs
Why are corn, wheat and soy so bad for our dogs?
- Wheat is a very cheap filler in dog food and treats
- Fillers should be avoided in dog food and treats because they do just that—fill the food. They offer no nutritional value and and therefore your dog has to eat more of the food just to get the nutrients s/he needs
- Wheat is the leading cause for dog allergies to food
- Corn is undigestible by dogs
- Just as a high-carb diet has effected the human population of the U.S. (obesity levels are at an all-time high), complex carbs like wheat, corn and soy can cause the same problems in dogs
- The majority of dogs are allergic to wheat and wheat can cause excessive scratching, chewing and licking
- Wheat also dulls the coat and leads to excessive shedding
Why do you use rice flour in your treats?
Rice flour is a common alternative for wheat and is much healthier and highly digestible.